Some furniture materials resist better in warm, dry climates rather than cold or wet climates. There is a
range of popular materials for patio furniture, each containing various styles, durability, strength,
maintenance level, and performance in different weathers. Therefore it’s important to pick a material and maintenance level that works best for you. You can choose the best patio material with little effort. Following are some of the best materials for patio furniture:
Aluminum is one of the most popular fashionable patio furniture materials. It resists rust and moisture
damage better than other metals; a powder-coated finish will offer added protection against the
elements. Aluminum is strong yet relatively lightweight, making it easy to move without getting damaged. Tubular aluminum, made with cylindrical aluminum tubes, is the most lightweight option. Wrought and cast aluminum are heavy enough to bear up against wind and weather conditions, yet convenient to use.
· Lightweight construction makes it easy to move
· Outlast rust and moisture damage is less expected
· Powder coating offers additional protection against the elements
· Requires little care and is easy to clean
· Withstands: Rain, sunlight, and extreme temperatures
if you’re looking for a sophisticated, modern design for your outdoor space then steel is a perfect
choice. It’s heavier than aluminum but lighter than iron. Similar to most metals, it can become hot in
direct sunlight. Steel is also often used for retro designs and zero-gravity loungers. Most importantly,
stainless steel is rust proof, hence it is kept minimal. You can occasionally wash with mild soap and rinse
· its hefty weight provides a long-lasting construction
· it does not dent as easily as a lightweight aluminum
· Powder coating helps protect from moisture to prevent rust
· Classic look lends a clean, classy look to your space
· resist: Rain, humidity, and extreme temperatures
Mosaic patio dining sets quality that enhances tabletop patterns. They are shaped having hand-laid tiles of slate, terra cotta, marble, or other natural materials. Incredibly heavy, yet beautifully delicate, mosaics bring rich color and complex designs to outdoor living and dining.
· provides not only function but a lovely piece of art to your space
· Furniture frames can be made of aluminum, steel or iron
· High-quality sets will be coated in a sealant to shield from the elements
· withstands: Rain (if sealed properly) and humidity
- Wrought Iron
Wrought-iron patio furniture ranges from traditional scrollwork to more modern designs and finishes.
It’s the heaviest of all metal furniture and ideal for windy climates: however, it can be difficult to move.
Pair of wrought-iron pieces and cushions can provide the smoothest comfort. Wash this furniture
occasionally with soap and rinse with water. Wrought iron is rust-resistant but not rust-free, so it might
require infrequent paint touch-ups. To lessen rust, store the furniture inside during winter.
· Heavyweight keeps it stable and firmly in place with no threat of being blown over
· Now being powder coated to further protect from moisture
· Protect against sunlight and wind
Teak furniture is the king of the patio furniture jungle. One of the hardest woods resists warping and is
naturally resistant to water, rot, and insect damage. It is protected by natural oils; this wood does not
require staining or painting which makes it a low-maintenance option.
With a 100-year durability rating, teak wood could be your best option for long-lasting patio furniture.
Cleaning teak regularly will minimize discoloration and prevent mildew. An effective and easy solution is
taking 2/3 cup of dish detergent and 1/4 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of warm water. Scrub the wood gently
with a soft bristle brush, rinse thoroughly, and allow drying.
· It is resistant to water due to its waterproofing properties
· It is stiffer than other woods and is protects high impacts such as dance floors and sports courts
· It is durable which makes it resistant to pests and other harmful insects
· It is a sustainable product that is sold legally.