We’re in the dog days of summer here in Utah, which means your air conditioner is something you are still relying upon for the comfort of your home. During summertime, there is so much to look forward to. Between family time, sports, no school, beautiful weather, etc. There is so much fun to be had! However, a broken air conditioner is devastating when the weather is scorching. We at All Utah Plumbing do not want you to have such an experience. We know upon installation of your AC, you will receive superior customer service and quality work. Nevertheless, the wear and tear of everyday life can do a number on your air conditioner. Here we have five tips for maintenance that can help keep your AC working well this summer.
1. Fix the fins. On your AC, there are small fins on the exterior. Insert a small knife, no more than half an inch deep, to realign the fins. This will help your AC function more efficiently and keep your maintenance up to date.
2. Replace the filter– a crucial component to good maintenance. When you don’t replace the filter, this will cause dust and other contaminants to enter the air conditioner. This will cause it to be less efficient and leave you feeling hotter than necessary on those hot summer days. Replace the filter for a cool breezy feel inside your home after a hot day in the sun!
3. Insulate exposed ductwork. Exposed ductwork is located in unconditioned space and prone to air leakage. Having an HVAC check for leaks and then having the ductwork insulated using professional-grade insulating material will help as well.
4. Schedule a maintenance appointment at All Utah plumbing located in Salt Lake, Davis, and Summit county. We believe your home’s cooling efficiency and your family’s safety are worth taking the time and expense to perform a thorough and complete air conditioner maintenance service.
5. Increase the thermostat. As the summer months roll by, increasing the thermostat can be beneficial to saving energy. Investing in a programmable thermostat can help it to run efficiently. If you slowly increase the thermostat, it will be easier for you and your family to acclimate to the weather.
At All Utah plumbing, we only give the highest quality of maintenance service and want to ensure your AC is ready for the summer months ahead. We treat your home as if it were ours and provide white-glove service. That means you will receive superior customer service at your air conditioner maintenance appointment and quality work. As you follow these tips, we know it will help with the health of your air conditioner and ensure you have the best summer ever.
All Utah Plumbing, Heating, & Air can provide Utah’s best air conditioner maintenance services. You still need your AC functioning as best as possible, we can make sure of that.